Tuesday 30 December 2014

You posted what you would see and review

Just like last year, Facebook releases something for users to review their year and it is always combined with photo that you've taken through the year. However, this seems to have annoyed quite a lot of people who have taken photos that they don't want to see again or which provoke their sad feelings, like a now dead pet, a person who has gone or a now dead person's something, as Facebook makes their review of the year by selecting and showing these kinds of photos randomly as the "best" momery during the year. It has been published that these people have been making complaints about this unhuman activity of the system and Facebook has expressed their apology for causing such inconvenience.

I actually hadn't known and remembered that Facebook has this feature when a year has come to its end (I kinda did this for my last year actually but I can't remember when.). Since some of my friends' photos were shown as the elements of their year reviews in several different languages, I have started to do what they have done. It didn't require a lot of setting and steps but just one or two clicks and that will be it. But I was a little unsatisfied with what I saw in its preview page as the photos selected by Facebook were not what I prefer to share. Some of them even do not make sense of what I have done this year: a bottle of water or some used crumpled paper which I might post for saying something but not important. But still, I have a chance to modify and reselect the pictures I want. 


However, I did see there were certain people who were blaming Facebook for selecting the photos which cause their sadness. In one of the coverages I read this morning, there was an user took a photo of his boyfriend's house which was burning and this photo had been shown in the year review of this user. For this I would ask, why did you take this photo and post it on your Facebook that you might visit everyday? You posted it and you must know there it is the photo in one of your albums. If this photo does remind your unwanted past, you should have deleted it, I suppose? What I think is, for everyone who uses social media and who owns a page, he or she must understand that something posted would be reviewed by them someday, intentionally or unintentionally. And you take the responsibility of what you posted, including copyright, whether your post is offensive to others, and what feelings would this post cause to you.



For me, I wouldn't post something I don't want to review. If there are something do make me feel sad, I will remove them definitely, at least they won't stay on my photo walls or albums. I might keep them secretly that I won't see them if I don't try to find them out myself. And you gotta need to manage your personal page well, by filtering the things you want and you don't. 

This might cause certain's disagreement but I just want to say what I want to say. This year is near its end and I would also give all my best wishes to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment